Friday, August 8, 2014

Frozen inspired bows

My niece is a big fan of Frozen so for her birthday I thought it would be fun to do a Frozen themed gift. My friend has an etsy shop selling decorated mirrors and had some that were decorated in colors similar to what Anna and Elsa wear in the movie. When I saw that I decided to order one from her and based my whole gift around it.

So what goes great with a mirror? Hair accessories of course! I love making barrettes but with two boys, there is no one to wear them. So this was a good opportunity. I searched the web and Pinterest for ideas and found a couple of great ones: for Elsa and for Anna.

I made a few modifications, however. Hers were a little more intricate than I was looking for - I wanted something a little more everyday wear. So I followed the instructions for the basis of the bow and embellished them on my own for the rest of it. I also used sheer ribbon (except for the black which was more silky) for the whole thing instead of using grosgrain. And I didn't use alligator clips, I used the ones that fasten on one end. I love how they turned out!

This is my Elsa bow:

And my Anna one:

I also found some Frozen themed nail polish at Its Sugar to go with it as well. I couldn't wait to give her the present and I think she loved it! I know she has worn the Elsa bow a few times already.

And the great thing is my other niece has already requested bows for her birthday - coming up, Minion bows...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment