Saturday, May 5, 2012

Basil Pesto

My basil plant has been absolutely flourishing, to the point where I finally had to pick some of it. Oh my goodness, it was so fragrant as I was picking it! Check out how much I was able to pick.

I knew from the moment I planted it the first thing I was going to make was pesto. I'm a big pesto fan! I've never made from scratch but it was so easy.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of basil, pressed down
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
  • 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
  • Dash of salt
  • Squirt of lemon juice (this is not for flavor, rather to keep the basil from turning brown)
Throw everything in a blender (I used my Magic Bullet) and blend until everything in chopped and it turns into a paste. Then enjoy! I spread mine on a few slices of fresh mozzarella - it was delicious. 

 

I'm linking up to Sundae Scoop today!

1 comment: